Our President and CEO, Sandy Linville, will be a guest speaker for this informational forum on the Oroville Dam brought to you by The League of Women Voters of Butte County on September 16. This event invites citizens and organizations to this forum on the intent, design, building, maintenance, safety, management, licensing, recreation, and business importance of the Oroville Dam.
Click here for the Event Flyer
To learn more read the press release below:
The League of Women Voters of Butte County invites Butte County citizens and organizations to an informational forum on the intent, design, building, maintenance, recreational and business connections, safety, repair, licensing, management, and potential of the Oroville Dam.
The event will take place at the Southside Oroville Community Center at 2959 Lower Wyandotte Rd, Oroville, on Saturday, Sept 16 from 9am-1pm. The forum is free to attend. Attendees will have an opportunity to submit questions to the speakers and panelists.
Morning Guest Speakers:
- Matt Murray, Civil Engineer with Department Water Resources will provide the history of the dam, its current recreational facilities available and what will be useable in the summer of
- Brian Ring, Butte County Assistant Chief Administrative Officer will present an overview of the ongoing economic impacts on Butte County government agencies as well as those related to the spillway
- Sandy Linville, President and CEO of the Oroville Area Chamber of Commerce will talk about Oroville Strong!, an initiative that began after the spillway crisis to improve economic benefits for Butte County and other stakeholders in recreation, business, and safety.
Four panelists will address the future economic impacts of the Oroville Dam:
- Robert Bateman, President of Roplast Industries, will look at economic potential and harnessing the value of the dam for local
- Paul Gosselin, Director of the Butte County Water and Resource Department, will talk about water issues related to the dam, especially ways to protect the north state’s water supply and economic
- Bruce Spangler, President of “Explore Butte County” and General Manager at Lotus Management will talk about the tourism sector.
- Kevin Zeitler, financial advisor at Stifel, Nicolaus & Company and Chair of the Oroville Recreation Advisory Committee (ORAC), will talk about the recreation potential for Lake Oroville.
Forum Contact: Toni Reid, Vice-President treid1OO@gmail.com (530) 534-659