Oroville Area Chamber of Commerce
Reports to: OACC Board of Directors
Employment Classification: Full Time
Salary Range: Salaried exempt position $45,000- $52,000 annual; PTO and holiday pay.
The President/CEO is the chief executive and administrative officer of the organization. The President/CEO is responsible to the Board of Directors for the full range of Chamber activities. The incumbent implements chamber policies and procedures as directed by the Board of Directors.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and directs the activities and resources of the organization.
- Establishes and submits to the Board an annual work plan which correlates to and facilitates the Board established goals and objectives as indicated in the 5 year board approved vision plan which focuses on economic development, advocacy, and tourism.
- Works with Board to establish and implement the corporate mission and vision.
- Demonstrates leadership in the community through involvement and participation.
- Manages the Fiscal resources of the organization by overseeing all expenditures in accordance with the board approved budget.
- Works with the Treasurer to establish the annual operating budget.
- Evaluates and implements programs or services which generate revenue for the organization.
- Negotiates and oversees outside contracts such as Department of Water Resources, City of Oroville, Supplemental Benefits Fund. Develops and manages the scope of work, budgets and all reporting requirements of all outside contracts.
- Manages all staffing. Maintains a professional, educated staff. Assures staff has adequate training, supervision, and regular performance evaluations. Provides opportunities for staff to develop professionally.
- Develops and implements programs for economic development in the Oroville Area.
- Works with state, federal, city, and county legislators to communicate the needs of the community and Chamber members.
- Reports to the Board regarding special events or circumstances affecting The Chamber membership and directs appropriate Chamber response.
- Participates in Chamber activities to promote and enhance the image and relationship of the Chamber with all groups and parties in the community.
- Oversees updates of website content; Electronic Newsletters; e-blasts, radio announcement; print newsletter and other communications to Chamber members and the public.
- Works effectively with the Board. Provides leadership, training, and input to the Board.
- Communicates effectively with all Board members. Assures Board meetings are timely and in accordance with the organizational bylaws. Serves on the Executive Committee and assists the officers with input and guidance when needed.
- Assures adequate records of all transactions and correspondence are maintained for review by auditors, the Board, or other officials or agencies.
- Manages and directs the actions of the two voting members on the Oroville Recreation Advisory Committee.
- Manages and directs the actions of the one advisory member on the Supplemental Benefits Funds Committee.
Knowledge, skills, abilities, education
- Experience in managing staff; high level of understanding of human resource and California Labor Law
- Public speaking skills and strong presentation skills recommended.
- High level of personal and professional accountability.
- Professional experience growing revenue through traditional revenue models such as membership, sponsorship, media and events;
- Professional experience managing revenue through non-traditional revenue models such as grants and contracts.
- Ability to establish and maintain lasting relationships; requires work with external stakeholders and the Public.
- BA or BS degree in business, management, economics or related field preferred
- 5+ years management experience in Chamber, association, or nonprofit sector preferred. Experience may Substitute for Education
- Submit resume and letter of intent via email to Chairman of the Board of Directors, Mark Grover at [email protected]
- Deadline to apply is close of business on Friday, June 22, 2018.